Tue, 12 Dec|
Concordia - Vietnam: Building Partnerships Toward a Sustainable Future
This hybrid event will bring together researchers from Concordia University and Vietnamese institutions to discuss some of the most relevant trends in sustainable development.
Time & Location
12 Dec 2023, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm GMT-5
Concordia University and the Canada-ASEAN Business Council are pleased to invite you to the panel discussion: Concordia - Vietnam: Building Partnerships Toward a Sustainable Future
This hybrid event will bring together researchers from Concordia University and Vietnamese institutions to discuss some of the most relevant trends in sustainable development. This event will also serve as the first step in launching a joint research program between Concordia University and Vietnamese researchers in 2024.
Panel #1: Building resiliency in water and energy
Two Concordia researchers and two Vietnamese researchers will share some of their most relevant contributions to sustainable water management and renewable energy. The panel will address questions such as:
- What emerging research trends could become game changers in the near future?
- What are the main barriers and promising solutions for achieving water and energy resiliency?
- What could the most promising opportunities for collaborative research between Concordia and Vietnamese researchers be?
Panel #2: Envisioning the cities of the future
Two Concordia researchers and two Vietnamese researchers will share their work related to next-generation cities and will reflect on the most relevant research trends that will help shape the cities of the future. By doing so, they will address the questions like:
- What key solutions do you imagine emerging in smart city research in the next three years?
- What would be the main challenges for scaling up such solutions in your city and globally?
- How could a potential collaboration between Concordia University and Vietnamese researchers contribute to overcoming such challenges?
*Please note that space is limited for the in-person component.