The Canada-ASEAN Business Council (CABC) is the preeminent organization with a region (ASEAN)-wide mandate to promote and increase trade relations between Canada and ASEAN. At its core, the mission of CABC is simple: to provide our Members with concrete commercial opportunities to build and grow their companies.
Communications and Events Specialist
The CABC is looking for a Communications and Events Specialist to support its operations. The contract position is on a full-time basis and will last for one (1) year, with the possibility of extension.
As a Communications and Events Specialist, you will be working closely with the CABC teams in both Singapore and Canada on the following areas and any ad hoc general support for other projects:
We are looking for a team-player and problem-solver who can work independently and with a strong sense of responsibility to support the CABC in the following areas:
1. Marketing & Communications
- Develop digital marketing campaigns to promote CABC’s initiatives and general outreach
- Build data-driven reporting systems to track and improve CABC’s digital footprint
- Support the creation and design of communication materials
- Assist in website and social media management
- Manage external stakeholders for media engagement and collaborations, such as media contacts, journalists, event partners, service providers, and vendors
2. Event Support
- Support the planning and delivery of CABC’s in-person and virtual events
- Assist in the co-ordination and development of pre- and post-event materials
- Assist in liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain various CABC platforms and databases
- Optimize existing processes and explore new ways to improve organizational efficiency
Qualification & Skills
To succeed in the role, you must be resourceful with the following skills:
- Experienced in digital communication and social media management, particularly on LinkedIn.
- Priority will be given to candidates demonstrating strong experience with LinkedIn Ads, Google Analytics, WordPress and MailChimp. Photoshop/ other design tools are a strong asset
- A track record of taking initiative and owning project results in a fast-paced environment
- Solid writing and communication skills (English)
- Experience in events (in-person and virtual)
- Bonus points for a demonstrated interest in CABC’s mission, exposure to international trade, public policy, and working with senior-level stakeholders from the private and public sectors
Applicants can send their CV and cover letter, with indication of their earliest start date, to Ms. Nicky Lung, Director of Policy & Operations at the CABC, at email@example.com.