JOB OPENING – FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT ATTACHÉ
DESCRIPTION OF THE ORGANIZATION
The Quebec Government office in Singapore fulfills a mandate to promote trade, innovation, education, culture, and foreign direct investment. It offers businesses, creators, researchers, and Quebec organizations and establishments personalized services, advice, and activities based on development objectives in Singapore and parts of the surrounding ASEAN region.
For the trade and investment departments, the Quebec Government office in Singapore works closely with Investissement Quebec International to bring more foreign direct investment (FDI) to every region of Quebec and offers specialized assistance to Quebec businesses looking to diversify their markets and increase their exports.
The Quebec Government Office in Singapore was established and has been growing since 2018.
SUPERVISION AND GENERAL ENVIRONMENT
Under the administrative authority of the Chief Representative of the Quebec Government office and the direct supervision of the Director of Foreign Direct Investment, the incumbent is an Foreign Direct Investment Attaché responsible for the promotion of Quebec as an FDI destination to Asia Pacific companies, and the facilitation of greenfield and expansion projects in Quebec.
As FDI is a crosscutting theme covering all sectors, the incumbent will have to work closely with the Director of Foreign Direct Investment in Singapore, colleagues in Investissement Quebec International’s headquarters, attachés in the Quebec Government office in Singapore and other key stakeholders in Quebec and across the Asia Pacific rim.
PRIMARY ROLE DESCRIPTION
In close collaboration with the Director of Foreign Direct Investment and professionals based at Investissement Quebec International’s headquarters and various offices in Quebec and Asia Pacific, the Investment Attaché contributes to efforts aimed at targeting, attracting and convincing senior management of Asia Pacific headquartered companies to carry out investment projects in Quebec, in line with the main industrial sectors making the Quebec economy and the Government‘s priorities. The incumbent must also participate in the execution of the strategy to actively support subsidiaries present in Quebec in the process of maintaining or expanding their current lines of business and/or obtaining new mandates from their global headquarters in the territory.
Action Plan and Business Strategy Development:
• Participate in the development of the business strategy and the action plan allowing an optimal match between the attributes of Quebec and its economic context with the potential of the territory.
• Ensure a multi-sector and multi-market watch to identify qualified prospecting targets based on known criteria to achieve the annual objectives, including a set number of active projects and confirmed investments.
• Gather and analyze investment signals with the objective of generating qualified leads for the territorial team.
• Participate in the reflections of the territorial team aimed at developing best practices for collaboration, prospection, and identifying opportunities.
Business Development and Prospecting Activities:
• Contribute to the prospection efforts by contacting new leads, preparing meetings as well as planning and implementing prospecting trips within the territory.
• Use all relevant Social Media platforms and all digital solutions available to find and engage with qualified leads, including prior and during B2B events.
• With the Director of Foreign Direct Investment, identify the key objectives and challenges of each potential investor/client in order to prepare and present personalized business proposals.
• Prepare personalized presentations providing the necessary information on Quebec’s advantages as a preferred investment location and the economic data needed by the client to build a business case supporting their corporate decision-making process.
• Set meetings with the leadership of local Head Offices of existing foreign subsidiaries in Quebec to promote the province as an investment or reinvestment location.
• Develop a network of multi-sectoral contacts and foster optimal collaboration with partners and economic development agencies to generate qualified leads.
Investors‘ Visits to Quebec
• Collaborate with professionals based at Investissement Quebec International’s headquarters in the design and preparation of bespoke programs of visit for investors’ fact- finding missions to Quebec.
Quebec Government Officials’ Visits and Role in Cultivating the IQI Brand:
• Participate in all aspects of the planning, organization, and implementation of Quebec Government Officials within the territory.
• Promote Quebec and Investissement Quebec International by using relevant Social Media platforms to communicate various investment announcements and other positive news stories about the advantages of investing in Quebec.
CRM and Other Related Tasks
• Update and enrich the strategic information collected by the Salesforce database.
• Meet deadlines related to all activities.
• Follow the budget procedures and guidelines when engaging expenses on behalf of Investissement Quebec International.
• Prepare and present administrative reports as required and in accordance with the organization’s procedures.
• Carry out