Events & Marketing Specialist at the Canada-ASEAN Business Council
The CABC is looking for a full-time Events & Marketing Specialist to support its operations. As an Events & Marketing Specialist, you will be working closely with the CABC on the following areas and any ad hoc general support for other projects.
We are looking for a team-player and problem-solver who can work independently and with a strong sense of responsibility to support the CABC in the following areas:
(1) Event support
• Support the concept development, planning, and delivery of CABC’s in-person and virtual events
• Assist in the co-ordination and development of pre- and post-event materials to promote the event and maximize impact
• Assist in event partnerships and liaison with internal and external stakeholders such as government bodies, Chambers of Commerce, business associations, industry groups
• Develop and expand CABC’s events/programming offerings by experimenting with new formats and ways to better engage our community
(2) Marketing & Communications
• Support the creation and design of communications materials, including original content for social media and op-eds
• Conduct research on trade policy matters to support CABC’s policy advocacy. This includes position papers, reports, public consultation submissions, etc.
• Manage members & external stakeholders for media engagement and content collaborations
• Develop digital marketing campaigns to promote CABC’s initiatives and general outreach
• Manage budget and execution of paid digital marketing campaigns
• Build data-driven reporting systems to track and improve CABC’s digital footprint
• Maintain various CABC platforms and databases
• Optimize existing processes and explore new ways to improve organizational efficiency
Qualification & Skills
To succeed in the role, you must be resourceful with the following skills:
• Experienced in digital communication and social media management, particularly on LinkedIn (organic & paid).
• Priority will be given to candidates demonstrating strong experience with LinkedIn Ads, Google Analytics, WordPress and MailChimp. Photoshop/ other design tools are a strong asset
• A track record of taking initiative and owning project results in a fast-paced environment
• Solid writing and communication skills (English), proficiency in any major languages used in ASEAN is a strong asset
• Experience in events (in-person and virtual)
• Bonus points for knowledge on Canada, a demonstrated interest in CABC’s mission, exposure to international trade, public policy, and working with senior-level & international stakeholders from the private and public sectors
Applicants can send their CV and cover letter, with indication of their earliest start date and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.