On a regular basis, the CABC provides high-level networking and sector-specific events for its Members.
CABC events are held across ASEAN and in Canada, often as a collaboration with our regional partners and members.
CABC members enjoyed a special discount to attend PublicAffairsAsia’s Corporate Affairs Forum 2019.
Through panels that visit shifting paradigms in regional business, trade, infrastructure, energy, waste, health and technology, the Corporate Affairs Forum discussed the future of this dynamic, fast-growing region in an era of trade wars. It examined how effective and engaged corporate affairs strategies can allow companies to secure growth and manage conflict during the critical years ahead.
CABC invited members to attend OpenText’s the Enterprise World Asia in Singapore. With in-depth sessions, keynotes, an industry focus and networking opportunities, Enterprise World Asia is the leading Enterprise Information Management conference.
At The ASEAN Opportunity event in Vancouver, Canada-ASEAN Business Council, in collaboration with Deloitte Canada, brought together a panel of leading Canadian professionals and entrepreneurs who have raised capital and built companies in ASEAN for a candid discussion about the prospects and challenges of the region. The panel discussion was followed by a networking session.
- Ms. Quynh Nguyen CPA, CMA, Regional Underwriting Manager Ι International Financing, Export Development Canada
- Dr. Shawn Watson, CEO of Senescence and CABC SME Committee Chair
- Mr. Tim Nguyen, CEO, Poeta Digital
- Mr. Arvind Vijh, Director, India & SE Asia Services Group, Deloitte
Innovation Roadshow Sponsor:
Through an expert panel, the Canadian AI and the ASEAN Market Opportunity event in Toronto educated innovative Canadian firms on the ASEAN region and defined the economic advantages of targeting ASEAN as an international business development strategy. The panel event featured commentary from leaders in Canada’s AI industry, as well as from the broader business community who leverage and support the Canadian tech sector’s international expansion.
Mr. Craig Brown, Partner, Fasken
Mr. Megh Gupta, Global Head of Strategy & Corporate Development, Element AI
Mr. Lionel Pimpin, Senior Vice-President, Digital Channels and P&C Strategies, National Bank of Canada
Mr. Loudon Owen, CEO, DLT Labs + Managing Partner, MW Capital
Dr. Ian Scott, Partner, OMNIA, Chief Data Scientist, Deloitte LLP
Mr. Brett House, Deputy Chief Economist, Scotiabank
Innovation Roadshow Sponsor:
At The ASEAN Opportunity event in Montréal, a panel of leading Canadian professionals and entrepreneurs who have raised capital and built companies in ASEAN had a candid discussion about the prospects and challenges of the region. The event also featured remarks by Mr. Louis Vachon, President and CEO of National Bank of Canada, and a cocktail networking reception following the panel discussion.
Ms. Marie-Louise Hannan, Executive Director, Science, Technology and Innovation, Global Affairs Canada
- Mr. Dominic Jacques, Deputy VP International Development at National Bank
- Ms. Mélissa Contant, COO & General Counsel, Senescence Life Sciences
- Mr. Julien Billot, Lead, CreativeDestructionLab and NextAi program
- Mr. Yves Mayrand, President and Chief Creative Officer, GSM Project
“ASEAN and Canada, Advancing the Partnership” was a special business seminar hosted by the Canada-ASEAN Business Council (CABC) and the ASEAN Committee in Ottawa (ACO), in collaboration with Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
The event brought together nearly 80 leaders from Canada and ASEAN’s public and private-sectors, and aims to advance the following objectives:
– Increase awareness of the Canadian private sector regarding the opportunities presented by a potential ASEAN-Canada FTA
– Connect Canadian private sector leaders with the ASEAN diplomatic community and senior Canadian government officials, for forward-looking discussions on how to maximize trade and investments.