The CABC is looking for an Events & Marketing Specialist to support its operations. The contract position is on a full-time basis and will last for one (1) year, with the possibility of extension.
As an Events & Marketing Specialist, you will be working closely with the CABC on the following areas and any ad hoc general support for other projects.
We are looking for a team-player and problem-solver who can work independently and with a strong sense of responsibility to support the CABC in the following areas:
1.) Marketing & Communications
- Support the creation and design of communication materials, including original content
- Develop digital marketing campaigns to promote CABC’s initiatives and general outreach
- Build data-driven reporting systems to track and improve CABC’s digital footprint
- Manage members & external stakeholders for media engagement and content collaborations
2.) Event support
- Support the planning and delivery of CABC’s in-person and virtual events
- Assist in the coordination and development of pre- and post-event materials
- Assist in liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain various CABC communication platforms and databases
- Optimize existing processes and explore new ways to improve organizational efficiency
Qualification & Skills
To succeed in the role, you must be resourceful with the following skills:
- Experienced in digital communication and social media management, particularly on LinkedIn.
- Priority will be given to candidates demonstrating strong experience with LinkedIn Ads, Google Analytics, WordPress and MailChimp. Photoshop/ other design tools are a strong asset
- A track record of taking initiative and owning project results in a fast-paced environment
- Solid writing and communication skills (English), proficiency in any major languages used in ASEAN is a strong asset
- Experience with events (in-person and virtual)
- Bonus points for knowledge on Canada, a demonstrated interest in CABC’s mission, exposure to international trade, public policy, and working with senior-level & international stakeholders from the private and public sectors
Applicants can send their CV and cover letter, with indication of their earliest start date and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
|About the CABC
Established in 2012, the Canada-ASEAN Business Council (CABC) is the collective voice of the Canadian private sector, with an ASEAN region-wide mandate to promote and increase trade relations between the two regions.
The mission of the CABC is simple: to facilitate increased trade and investment in the Canada-ASEAN economic corridor through policy advocacy, networking, and education.
Key Goals of the CABC:
- Advocacy: ASEAN consists of 10 nations all with unique challenges and opportunities. We work closely with these governments to represent our members’ interests and concerns as well as to provide a platform through which to enact change.
- Education: We educate our members and stakeholders about Canada-ASEAN trade and its many opportunities, by providing region and industry specific resources to help companies make the right decisions at the right time.
- Networking: CABC creates, maintains, and grows commercial interests within the Canada-ASEAN economic corridor. To this end we deliver high-quality networking events with the intention of providing our members with opportunities to build and grow their organizations.
About our Members
CABC membership includes about 60 of the leading Canadian enterprises active in ASEAN, and is open to companies conducting business or considering doing business between Canada and the ASEAN region