CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW
Are you looking to source and manufacture furniture in Asia? The CABC invites you to join this upcoming webinar organized by the Embassy of S.R Vietnam in Canada to find out why Vietnam should be your next supply and production hub.
Vietnam is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world and is set to be among the few countries to post positive GDP growth in 2020.
Despite the pandemic, Vietnam witnessed 12% increase of furniture export in the first 8 months of 2020 and is now the 2nd-biggest furniture supplier to the US and the 4th to Canada. Thanks to the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), furniture from Vietnam benefits from 0% import tariffs whereas similar products from other countries in Asia face a 6%-9% duty into Canada.
Event: Vietnam & CPTPP – Furniture Sourcing and Manufacturing Opportunities
Date: Tuesday, 10 November 2020
Time: 10:00am – 11:00am(Ottawa); 7:00am-8:00am (Vancouver);
10:00pm – 11:00pm (Hanoi)
Keynote Speaker: H.E Pham Cao Phong, Ambassador of Vietnam to Canada
Moderator: Marc Djandji, Founder and Managing Director of ASEAN Strategy Group Limited
- HAWA – Furniture Sourcing Opportunities and Virtual Fair in Vietnam
- Canadian Wood Vietnam
- Becamex – Manufacturing Opportunities in Vietnam
Testimonial Speaker: Mr. Walter Blocker, Chairman for Stanley Furniture Vietnam will draw from his 25+ years in Vietnam to share his experience and insight on manufacturing and sourcing from this exciting country.
This ONLINE event will:
- Deliver information on Vietnam’s furniture sector.
- Introduce Vietnam as a manufacturing and sourcing destinations for furniture.
- Provide an update on the business environment and opportunities for Canadian wood companies in Vietnam.
- Offer one-on-one meetings and business matching opportunities between Canadian companies and Vietnamese suppliers.