Southeast Asia is home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world and presents great opportunities for Canadian companies looking to expand their businesses internationally.
Vietnam has come out of a successful year of ASEAN Chairmanship in 2020, and is on track for a robust economic recovery, evidenced by one of the world’s highest GDP growth rates. At the same time, Vietnam and Canada have built a solid foundation for economic partnership and are both signatories to the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP).
Join the Canada-ASEAN Business Council and our partners in Vietnam and Canada to find out how the two countries can grow this important business partnership for shared success and prosperity. This event is the opening event of the Canada-ASEAN Business Leaders Series, organized by the CABC.
- Provide an update on the business environment and opportunities in Vietnam
- Discuss what Vietnam has to offer to Canadian businesses and learn from successful Canadian businesses operating in the market
- Networking opportunities for the Canada-ASEAN business community
Guests of Honour
- Mr. John Hannaford, Deputy Minister of International Trade, Canada
- Mr. Do Thang Hai, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade, Vietnam
- H.E. Ambassador Pham Cao Phong, Ambassador of Vietnam to Canada
- H.E. Ambassador Deborah Paul, Ambassador of Canada to Vietnam
Moderator: Ms. Nguyen Viet Ha, Managing Director, Vietnam, BowerGroupAsia
- Mr. Vincent Joli-Coeur, Chairman of the Board of Directors, The Infrastructure Council
- Mr. Sang Hui Lee, CEO, Manulife Vietnam
- Mr. Huynh Du An, CEO, VinFast Canada
- Mr. Le Tien Truong, Chairman of the Board, Vietnam National Textile & Garment Group (Vinatex)
This event will be followed by a CABC Market Entry Workshop & Networking session at 10:30am SGT onwards.
This workshop & networking session is exclusively for those attending the webinar. The meeting link will be shared during the webinar.