CABC invites members to join the Ontario Government’s webinar on 26 May 2020 to learn more about the Fintech opportunities in the Asia Pacific markets.
The Ontario government will be launching its inaugural Exporting to Asia Pacific Series on May 26, 2020 with a webinar focusing on the Fintech sector.
A great line-up of well-known and experienced speakers including senior business executives, local government officials and Canadian Trade Commissioners will provide in-depth overview and analysis of market and sector opportunities and challenges, lessons learned and success in these markets. Updates on fintech events home and abroad will also be provided.
Agenda (subject to change)
8:30-8:35 Opening and Introduction by Akhil Tyagi, Manager, International Business Growth Branch, Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade (MEDJCT)
8:35-8:55 Overview of Fintech sector opportunities in Japan and South Korea
- Wenbo Pan, Area Director – Japan, Korea, Australia and New Zealand (MEDJCT)
- Kojiro Ichikawa, Trade Commissioner in the Embassy of Canada in Japan
- Eriko Nonaka, Global Head of Fintech Association of Japan
- Rock Eunsuk Chun, Senior Commercial Officer, Ontario Trade and Investment Office in Seoul, South Korea
8:55-9:15 Overview of Fintech sector opportunities in Southeast Asia
- Eve Rotstein, Area Director – Southeast Asia (MEDJCT)
- Pat Patel, Principal Executive Officer, Monetary Authority of Singapore
9:15-9:35 Overview of Fintech sector opportunities in China and Hong Kong
- Ellen Cao, Area Director – China (MEDJCT)
- King Leung, Head of Fintech, Invest Hong Kong
- Dennis Zhang, Partner of Deal Advisory, Valuation and Modelling, KPMG China
9:35-9:55 Overview of India sector opportunities in India
- Fawzia Sheikh, Area Director – India (MEDJCT)
- Sanjiv Purushotham, Founding Partner, BridgeDFS
9:55-10:05 Company Success Story 1
- Laurence Cooke, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Nanopay
10:05-10:15 Company Success Story 2
- Andre Boysen, Chief Identity Officer, SecureKey
10:25-10:30 Wrap up and follow up survey by webinar host
Click here to register.