Southeast Asia is home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world and present great opportunities for Canadian companies looking to expand their
businesses internationally. With the rise of Southeast Asia, Singapore is often considered a regional hub and a gateway to the region for both MNCs and a launch pad for fast-growing start-ups and innovative businesses.
On 11th September, over 170 business and government leaders from across Canada and ASEAN joined the CABC webinar to explore why Singapore should be the next business destination for innovative Canadian businesses. This event was part of the Canada-ASEAN Business Leaders Series, organized by the CABC, in partnership with the Government of Canada.
- Provided an update on the business environment and opportunities in Singapore
- Discussed what this vibrant city-state has to offer to Canadian businesses
- Showcased innovative Canadian businesses operating in Singapore to share tips on setting up offices in the city-state and their experiences
- Offered networking opportunities for the Canada-ASEAN business community
- Welcome remarks: H.E. Ms. Lynn McDonald, High Commissioner of Canada in Singapore
- The Honorable Mary Ng, Canada’s Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade
- Mr. Alvin Tan, Singapore’s Minister of State for Trade & Industry (MTI) and Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY)
- Presentation: Mr. Samuel Chan, Regional Vice President, Americas, Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Moderator: Mr. Jeff Paine, Managing Director, PS-engage Global Government Relations Pte Ltd.
- Ms. Jan De Silva, President & CEO, Toronto Region Board of Trade
- Dr. Lim Jui, CEO, SGInnovate
- Mr. Luis Gonzales, Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Element AI
- Mr. Samuel Chan, Regional Vice President, Americas, EDB Singapore
- Mr. Arun Verma, Regional Manager, Southeast Asia & China, Shopify
Post-event Open Networking Session
Following the webinar, there was an open networking session from 10:45am onwards for those in attendance.
Ms. Tegan Watson, Trade Commissioner at the Canadian High Commission in Singapore, gave a brief presentation on the Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) Programme in Singapore. After the presentation, it was an open networking for the audience and speakers to connect with each other and continue the dialogue.
In Partnership with: