On 12th November 2020, over 220 registered participants joined the Canada-ASEAN Business Council, Fasken, and our partners from Deloitte Canada, Element AI, and Roar Growth to explore how to leverage the emerging technology of AI for business success and growth. This event was part of the Canada-ASEAN Business Leaders Series organized by the CABC, in partnership with the Government of Canada.
Countries around the world are striving to become global leaders in artificial intelligence (AI) to unlock the potentials of AI in driving economic expansion and improving efficiencies. Currently, twenty-six countries (and counting) have published national AI strategies or frameworks.
Canada is the first country in the world to promulgate a national AI strategy by publishing the Pan-Canadian Artificial Intelligence (AI) Strategy in 2017. Across the Pacific, in Southeast Asia, countries like Singapore, Thailand, and Indonesia are fast to adopt the technology and have incorporated AI in their national strategies to accelerate economic growth.
At the same time, the application of AI is transforming the financial services industry. Financial services firms are making strategic investments in AI for optimization, customization and differentiation in the market. The technology is applied from the back office to reduce credit risk and detect possible fraud to the front office for conversational banking and personalized customer experiences.
This session featured an engaging dialogue on:
- Canada-ASEAN collaboration in AI – including development of ethical AI, AI research, and Canada’s role as an AI enablement and knowledge partner for ASEAN
- Opportunities for ASEAN businesses to invest and tap into Canada’s world-class AI research and innovation ecosystems to develop their AI expertise
- Industry use case on Financial Services:
- Key Canadian and ASEAN trends and application of AI in financial services
- Examples of the most impactful financial services use cases across Canada and ASEAN, in the form of real market case studies and lessons learnt
- The transformative implications of AI adoption affecting competitive strategies, operating models, and emerging risks
The event was also followed by an open networking session with the audience.
Moderator: Mr. Craig Brown, Partner, Fasken
- Ms. Peggy Van de Plassche, Managing Partner, Roar Growth
- Mr. Mukul Ahuja, FSI Leader, Omnia AI, Deloitte Canada
- Mr. Hardeep Arora, Industry Principal, Banking, Element AI
In Partnership with: