The Canada-ASEAN Business Council (CABC) and Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP (Osler) co-hosted a discussion on “Canada-ASEAN Energy Partnership: Trends and Opportunities” on July 15th, 2020, from 9:30am to 10:30am (Singapore time), in partnership with the Government of Canada.
This session discussed the outlook, trends, and emerging opportunities in the Canada-ASEAN energy relationship, including:
- ASEAN investment in the Canadian energy sector, and
- Outlook for ASEAN’s overall energy demand and opportunities for Canadian products
Our distinguished speakers covered the economic, practical, and legal considerations of renewables, LNG, and conventional oil and gas. The event was followed by an open networking session.
- Mr. Shawn Denstedt (Vice Chair of Western Canada, Osler)
- Mr. Matthew Klukas (CABC Energy Advisor & Criterium Group)
- Mr. Craig Spurn (Partner, Osler)
- Ms. Charlotte Raggett (Chief Commercial Officer, Rockies LNG Partners)
- Mr. Chris Seasons (Board of Director at Petronas Canada and Vice-Chair & Director at Arc Financial Investment Committee)
- Mr. Ben Arnott (Managing Director, Head of Energy Finance and Advisory for South East Asia, at Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Banking)
The event recording can be viewed here.