Wed, 04 Oct|
Canada-Malaysia Cleantech Networking Reception
Time & Location
04 Oct 2023, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm MYT
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In order to sustain Malaysia’s impressive growth and sustainable development by achieving carbon neutrality by 2050, the energy sector requires an influx of cleantech and clean energy capabilities and foreign investment - which the Canadian private sector and crown corporations are ideally positioned to deliver. To kick-off Canada’s delegation to the International Greentech & Eco Products Exhibition and Conference (IGEM), this event will convene leading senior business leaders and government officials in the energy and finance sectors to explore more Canadian engagement to advance Malaysia’s transition to net-zero.
- Offer high-quality B2B networking opportunities for visiting Canadian companies in the energy sector with their ASEAN counterparts to expand their partnerships and opportunities in the market.
- Raise visibility by showcasing Canadian cleantech companies who are a best fit to plug into Malaysia’s decarbonization activities and national priorities; and
- Drive dialogue between Canadian and Malaysian decision-makers on how to form tangible partnerships to advance common sustainability goals based on areas of expertise and capability, such as renewable/clean energy, cleantech, wastewater technology, and carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS).
- YBrs Dr. Kim Ching Too, Secretary General of Natural Resources, Environment, and Climate Change of Malaysia
- H.E. Mr. Wayne Robson, High Commissioner of Canada to Malaysia
- Mr. Wayne Farmer, President of the Canada-ASEAN Business Council
- Moderator: Dr. Gary William Theseira, Advisor, Malaysian Green Technology And Climate Change Corporation (MGTC) [View Profile]
- Tn Haji Ahmad Faraid, Head of the Environmental, Social and Governance Project Management Office, Tenaga Nasional Berhad [View Profile]
- David Cao, Managing Director, SolmaxBioenergy [View Profile]
- Datuk Dr. Ahmad Shukri Md Salleh, Executive Chairman of ANSR for Sanuvox
*Please note that the registration does not confirm your attendance at the event. The event confirmation will only be sent to successful applicants again soon.