BowerGroupAsia (BGA) is a strategic advisory firm that specializes in the Asia-Pacific, providing full-range of government, public affairs and business advisory services to Fortune 500 companies with interests in Asia. BGA clients span a multitude of business sectors including information and communications technology (ICT), healthcare, financial services, creative arts, energy, media, automotive, fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), consumer products and heavy industry, among other sectors.
The BGA team combines top-level strategic input with on-the-ground granular support. BGA’s staff comprises over 150 experts located in 24 offices across the region including Washington, D.C. BGA works across Southeast Asia (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam); Northeast Asia (China, Hong Kong, Japan, Mongolia, South Korea and Taiwan); South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka); The Pacific (Australia, Fiji, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea); and the United States.
BGA provides unique insights into how governments, economies, companies and individuals in the Asia-Pacific interrelate and make decisions that impact business. Clients seek our support in understanding the political and economic trends impacting the business and investment client across Asia, as well as the trends of individual markets that are at play in the formulation of public policy, legislation and regulation.
BGA’s services include six main work streams:
- Government Engagement and Public Affairs
- Public Policy
- Political-Economic Forecasting and Risk Assessment
- Market Entry
- Crisis Management
- Strategic Communications
BGA develops plans for clients to capitalize on opportunities, overcome challenges and mitigate risks based on a deep understanding of Asia and its people and unique access to information and insights. Working as an integrated part of clients’ teams, BGA helps companies translate ideas into new investments, expanded markets and problems solved.
Examples of our client-focused accomplishments include:
- Advised a global company in the nuances of underlying politics impacting its sector and operations in China, while crafting a strategy that enabled the company to engage key stakeholders, mitigate risk and chart a path toward stable, long-term growth .
- Successfully engaged government officials, local business and international firms on behalf of a financial services company to provide input into financial services legislation in Thailand .
- Supported the market entry of a company into Vietnam by providing due diligence on its joint-venture partner, and key strategic guidance and engagement with government and state- owned enterprise stakeholders .
- Built key relationships for a global retail firm and helped establish an international board of experts to advise them on political-economic affairs and workplace safety in Bangladesh.
- Provided advice on regional regulatory issues for an insurance company . Designed a tailored strategy in response to legislation that would negatively impact the company in Nepal and engaged key stakeholders to support policies that would broaden the industry’s consumer base in Bangladesh.
- Coordinated with authorities to affect evolutionary changes to laws allowing the establishment of one of the world’s top humanitarian organizations in Singapore.
- Helped establish a new global technology facility in the Philippines that employs 500 people while providing worldwide financial and IT support for the parent corporation.
- Identified partners, sites and clearances for a $400 million plant in Malaysia.
- Assisted clients with Myanmar market entry by providing due diligence, conducting sector analyses, and building comprehensive stakeholder maps and engagement strategies positioning clients as trusted partners to government officials for broad-ranging policy development and implementation.
- Advised tens of multi-national firms across multiple sectors on contingency planning associated with perceived political instability in Thailand.
- Successfully built a coalition of local and international business leaders, consumer groups and government stakeholders on behalf of a consumer goods company that effectively addressed tax and regulatory issues in Indonesia.
- Provided a financial technology company with rapid analyses about the impact of India’s demonetization on the business. Mapped and engaged stakeholders for effective messaging to key officials to capitalize on opportunities to expand business in the rapidly evolving financial technology sector